Day -8 - Diet Plan and 1 Recipe to try
Samvat rice kheer recipe | vrat ke chawal ki kheer
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
1/3 cup samvat rice
3 cups full fat milk
12 to 15 cashews
1 tablespoon golden raisins
4 to 5 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon green cardamom powder
7 to 9 saffron strands
how to make recipe
1. soak 1/3 cup barnyard millet or sama ke chawal in enough water for about an hour. later drain and
2. in a thick bottomed saucepan/pan/kadai heat milk and bring to a gentle boil on a low to medium
flame. then add the sama ke chawal. stir very well.
3. cover the pan with its lid and on a low flame simmer the kheer mixture till the barnyard millet gets
4. do stir at intervals. do use a thick bottomed pan, so that the milk or the millet do not get scorched
from the base.
5. these tiny grains take about 18 to 20 minutes to cook on a low flame.
6. add 4 tbsp sugar. you can add more sugar if required. stir very well till the sugar dissolves.
7. then add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder and 7 to 9 saffron strands. saffron strands are optional and you
can skip these if you do not have them. you can also add 1 tsp of rose water instead of saffron.
8. lastly add chopped cashews and golden raisins.
9. stir and simmer for a minute. sama chawal kheer has a creamy consistency. scrape off the dried milk
solids from the pan and add it to the kheer.
10. serve the vrat ke chawal ka kheer hot or warm garnished with some rose petals or saffron threads or
chopped cashews. you can also serve this kheer chilled.