Day -7 - Diet Plan and 1 Recipe to try
Hope you are able to follow daywise diet plan that I have been sharing. Here is the recipe for today
- 2 cups peeled chopped yellow Pumpkins
- 1 cup thick milk
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts and Raisins
- Saffron strands
Steps to prepare Kheer:
- Either grate the pumpkin or chop them to smaller cubes. Cook them till soft.
- If you are using cubed pumpkin instead off grating, puree it in a blender.
- In a pan add the ghee, if using the grated pumpkin, sautee in the ghee, add some milk and let it cook till soft.
- Add the powdered jaggery/ sugar and the saffron strands after soaking in warm milk, keep flame on very low till the kheer thickens.
- If using cooked pumpkin cubes, after blending them, add the puree to the ghee, let it cook for few minutes, then proceed as mentioned above.
- Add rest of the milk after the kheer thickens well.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Add in the cardamom powder, toasted cashew-nuts and raisins.
- To make it eve more creamy and yummy ( but high calorie! ) add condensed milk, or grated paneer to cook with the pumpkin jaggery /sugar mixture. Or add grated mava. Top with toasted nuts.
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- 3-4 tbsp powdered light Jaggery / or sugar