How to improve the quality of your sleep?
1. Put your smartphones aside: Make it a thumb rule to keep all your internet supporting devices outside your bedroom(or on airplane mode, if they serve as your alarm clock too), at least 1-2 hours before you would like to doze off and the sleep angel would definitely show up on time.
2. Read a book: Pick up your favourite book (even a less interesting one would work) and within 30 minutes, your mind will start feeling lighter. A research observed that half an hour of dedicated reading greatly reduces stress levels which in turn flushes out all the negative thoughts, thus relaxing the mind.
3. Exercise regularly: Besides exhausting your body, exercise also releases happy hormones which help reduce stress and calm your mind.
4. Avoid late and heavy meals: Dinner should always be kept light and the gap between the last meal of the day and bedtime should be at least 1-2 hours.
5. Take wise Naps: Take small day naps, not too close to your bedtime in order to use them just as power boosts.
6. Change the atmosphere of the room: Bright lights, loud noises and too much outdoor and indoor activity signal the feeling of daytime to our body. So, dimming the lights, playing some calming music and shutting all other activities before going to bed would notify the body about sleep time. The air of the room should feel and smell fresh. Many studies suggest as compared to outdoor air, closed indoor air quality is more poor in may household due to many reasons. In polluted areas or densely populated areas it is evident that natural resources are divided more like forest / green cover, natural water resource etc.. is less in availability per person. So try to plant trees and ornamental plants outdoor and indoor and its advisable to use a air purifier device to help breath good quality air at least 8-10 hours in a day when your family is sleeping in a closed room.
7. Chamomile tea: Some studies reveal that along with plethora of benefits like rich in antioxidants, aiding in digestive issues, headaches and to counteract on bacterial infections. Chamomile tea helps reducing insomnia too. So, never heard about Chamomile Tea.? try it It’s really very effective and its a pleasant herbal aromatic infusion and easily available at any superstore or online grocery store.